• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

master cylinder seal compatability (rear)

dread

CB750 New member
Reaction score
hi..got a leaking rear master cylinder on my cb750 f1 sohc '77, stripped cleaned re-built....brake works but outer seal leaks. the repair kit for this bike (shared with gl1000) is rare and expensive here..the cb 750 / 900 FA range repair kit looks identical in web pictures ..just want to know if it is compatable with my 14mm cylinder or if not what, if anything is.....thanks

A lot of times when I'm trying to find parts compatibility, I'll search parts diagrams online to find the part number I need, then search for the part number to find what other models it was used on.

I'm also looking for a rebuild kit and can't find the correct one.but i have found that the gl1000 goldwing looks like the same master cylinder as my 76 cb750f .i think I'm going to order one of them Friday and try it out.

Well i thought about it for a while and i didn't want to buy a gl1000 master cylinder and run into the same problem down the road needing a rebuild kit.so i just bought an universal one off of Ebay and it worked out good.i had to drill a hole and make a bracket.that was easy enough though.

20130201_064139.jpgi still got to find a better way to mount the reservoir

Yeah no need to the have the hose that long. You ought to be able to find a way to mount it right next to the master cylinder.

Back