• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Air box bolt

motogtp

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
It's 4 degrees outside and the shop heater is on the blink. Time to sort out some details. After reading some good advice in this forum I decided to stick with the stock air box. There are two "bolts" that hold the two halves of the air box together. I am missing one of the lower (female) bolts. I have tried ebay and craigslist with no luck. I thought about using one long bolt but that would require taking the tank off to replace the air filter. Is there a DIY solution to this? Thanks.

Attachments

• Super Sport in progress.jpg
    Super Sport in progress.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 173
That seems like a tough part to find. This is the part number right? 17239-392-000

I'd post a want ad in the Classifieds section. Someone has to have one laying around.

Thanks

That seems like a tough part to find. This is the part number right? 17239-392-000

I'd post a want ad in the Classifieds section. Someone has to have one laying around.

Travis, I will look up the part number. That will help. I am not a purist but I am trying to keep this thing as original as possible if I can. Take care.

Vicman - it's hard to describe. More like a 3" long bolt that threads into a 3" long tube that is flanged at the bottom. The bolt is on the top and the tube in the bottom. Just long enough to allow the bottom half of the air box to drop out and the filter pulled out. Plus it looks like the tube is chamfered a bit so that the bolt will line up correctly before you tighten the two halves together.

You are correct, the tube is to help line up the bolt. The nut is no longer available from Honda so you will have to either find a used airbox or hopefully someone will end up have the part laying around. The earlier 750 actually used just a long wing bolt from the bottom, but the later ones used a nut setup that stayed with the bottom half. So you will need to look specifically for 75 and up airbox parts.

Yeah, that is pretty amazing. K2750tracy and I are working out the details. Great site, great community.

Back