• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Bear hunting!

Been there ,lots of bear, wait for the one you want. Great times in the forrest. Fyi, Bear sausage is very good. Have fun be safe and good luck!đź‘Ť

Yeah I could tell yours was the smallest :) by the paws and face. Still wouldn't want to fight it though! And the smaller ones taste better right?

Do you have paw measurements? I saw a black bear one night last fall wandering around my neighborhood (a very rare sight), and measured the paws tracks in the snow the next day to try to get an idea how big it was. The one paw looked to be about 5" wide and 8-1/2" long. I think it was a back paw.

bear.jpg

I was lucky to find the print. The snow cover was very patchy and only covered maybe 5% of the ground. No one believed me that a black bear was in town and on our street until I showed them the picture.

Glad we dont have any bears here. We are getting to have a fair problem with mountain lions last couple of years though. We are getting them downtown Rapid City now!

Dirt I'd fear the cats first my friend, our Pa. bears are quite elusive, they fear humans and are rarely attacking anyone in Pennsylvania..Big cats scare me :yikes:

Game Fish and Parks had the RCPD shoot a cat in town just last week. There have been two in town this last month. They just started a mt lion hunting season here about 8 or ten yrs ago I think. No one even knew there were any mt lions out here until about 12 or so yrs ago.

Back