• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

pamco ignition questions

Rhino

CB750 Member
Reaction score
To any who has an opinion .......

I have three questions ; I have a 76 cb 750k
I purchased the pamco ignition kit with the 17-6903 ultimate coils.
I'm also installing the ngk iridium plugs.

With this ignition upgrade what can i do to get the most performance out of my stock engine?
The stock jet size for my model is 105 jets. i have not confirmed this is the size but I'm assuming
it is due to every thing on the bike (engine) was stock when I purchased.

1) So assuming the jets are 105 with the upgrades (coil,electronic ignition,iridium plugs ect,) is this the most i can do ?

2) should i install larger jets ? Pros\cons ? if so what size ??

3) increasing the plug gap will do what ? should I ??

Thanks so much !!

Cb 750"s f#*@ing rule !

I guess I'm wondering if the 105 jets will b too little for the ignition upgrade I'm installing ? Or it won't make one bit of differance ??
Cheers

I don't think the ignition need the bigger jets, but it will allow for them. Hotter spark will burn more fuel. Exhaust choice will affect jet size more than ignition choice.
I'm sure it will run more efficiently and reliable whatever the rest of the mods (or none) from stock.

Kinda like octane in fuel... it doesn't make more power, just allows you to use higher compression and ignition advance to make more power.

The way I understand it is the larger plug gap is a bigger but colder spark. The spark of a closer gap, say stock 28-32, running 28 is a hotter more quick firing spark.

No jetting changes, it will make your current setup more efficient and give you more complete combustion. Larger gap increases the area of the spark giving the fuel more of a chance to get ignited but takes a lot more energy to produce the spark and keep it from being "blown out". It also takes longer for the spark to jump the gap. A smaller gap produces a fast spark but gives the air fuel mixture less time to be ignited. I would leave the gap at stock unless the Pamco kit says to do otherwise.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. R u refering to the points/advance mechinizism on the right end of the engine spun by the crank? If yes, I have a NOS one.

Back