• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

SOHC frame differences.

JohnnyC

Chop it!
Reaction score
I am looking at buying another CB750. Do all of the SOHC bikes have the same frame? I found a good deal on a 1978 but don't like the tank and seat. What would it take to make 1978 look like a 1975 as far as the tank, seat and side covers? I like the older tanks and would probably put a cafe seat on it.

on stock frames 75 had the seat hinges brackets on the oppisite side of 77/78 and the oil tanks have different cap than 77/78. 77/78 side covers did not have a hole for the cap to stick out. i believe the earlier f models had that same thing too. i have never really looked to see if the different oil tanks will interchange between the two,if they do the side covers would also. the later front ends are different also in the design of the triple trees and the gas tanks,,the front mount should work,,i am not certain on the rear,, a tape measure would determine that.

whatever you wanted though to do though,,it would only take is some minor welding if not correct. good luck

Back