• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Just snagged an 82 CB750F, have some ?s

CharlieT

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I just got a CB750F, and had a few questions. I have ridden dirt bikes for quite a while, and have done all my own work so that's not a problem. I am planning on a cafe style build and have most of the parts picked out so far, but had some questions about the wheels. It currently has the mag wheels, and while I have seen cafe builds that retain them, and they look decent, I would like to go with spokes for the wheels. Being that it's a Super Sport and has the rear disc brake, is there a model of 750 that came with a laced rear wheel and disc? If not, anybody know of a wheel that can be adapted to fit relatively easily? I assume I Can use the laced front wheel off of a CB750 with dual front discs on mine? I may go with a set of modern USD forks so that might change, but I'll jump that bridge when I get there.

Thanks,

Charlie

check with Buchanan's spoke and rim in Azusa, Ca.

I'm starting on my 82, I think I'm just going to powdercoat the Comstars. I'm going more of a dualsport direction with mine though, I like the dirt roads too much for just a street build. I'm also making my own exhaust, check out Megs engineering, AWESOME stuff! I was considering a 4:1, but I love the way the 4:2 sounds, get some Supertrapps on her, a jet kit, hotter ignition, and a bucketload more money. Put Avon Dirtsters on her and gonna rip it up!! CAN'T WAIT!!:D:D

Starting in 79 Honda pretty much went away with the spoke wheels on the street bikes. The 79K still had spoke wheels but had single front disk and drum rear brake. The early sohc forks are completely different from the dohc motored 750's but triple clamp spacing is the same and the tube diameter is the same. They used completely different disk and caliper setups and thus they dont swap. USD forks have been done but keep in mind you will be looking at building the triple clamp setup and will need to use the whole fork and wheel and brake sassembly. The USD fork in general is shorter then what is on your bike now so you will end up lowering the front of the bike. The dohc forks are about 1" longer then the sohc forks so you will have to look for a fork assembly that is close to the length you have now unless you plan on doing work to the rear, but then you have to look at how much cornering clearance you will lose by lower the bike.

Back