• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

`78 CB750 Carberator Float Needle/Seat Issue

jsmits

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

After scouring the internet I've been able to find a few good rebuild kits but I'm unsure about something. I have a carburetor where the float is hanging low. This is because the float needle is sitting lower than the rest. So low that bending the float metal flange has little to no effect on the height. The brass seat that it sits in is a good .2 cm lower than the rest. My question is that they seem to just be pressed in there, so I wonder, how the hell do I take the thing out then? Pry it with some pliers? Hammer a bit into it to pull it out? Is there a tool?

I've found the guide at Honda chopper so I know what I need to do to measure the things properly. I've also cleaned all the jets and such (and just finished a top end rebuild.... wew). I'm learning fast but I just don't want to chip up the carberator casting trying to figure out how these seats come out. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

Back