• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New guy in MI

Sprocket

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there!

Some of you know me, some don't. I've been around the chopper boards for a while, mostly TCU and Hondachopper, screen name is choppersprocket n those sites (as "Sprocket" was already taken and I like choppers).

I have a pile of bikes with one of them running right now, The Blue Bitch. '72 SOHC750, chopped in approx '76.
Ron Finch frame, oil tank, rare no-grooves Finch springer (all confirmed by Ron Finch himself) Corbin Gentry K&Q seat, sporty tank, 836 big bore and aftermarket can (don't know cam specs) and Barnett clutch). I'm the second owner of this bike, and have docs concerning the build and the original purchase from the dealer when new.
She is fast and kick only, pulls a loaded camper @ about 450# loaded, like driving a caddy!

Then there's the projects...
'78 CB750K, getting ready for suspension swap with CBR900RR, will be my "take wifey for a long ride" bike (she can't handle the rigid chopper for long)
'81 CB650 Custom, halfway done with fab. Goosenecked frame, springer, rigid mounted boardtrackerish style seat, stock swingarm underbraced and monoshocked, custom tank built from aftermarket tank halves heavily modified.
'73 CB450 Twin, on the shelf waiting it's turn.

Then there's the Yammys:
'79? XS1100, gettin a simple flat tracker seat cowl and some motocross bars, Dunstal Power header and pipe, and a sidecar. Another "get wifey in the wind" bike.
'78 XS1100 that will get the rigid chop treatment, long and low, full frame custom chopper.
A bunch of XS650s ranging from XS1and2 to '81 XS650 that will be an EFI/Turbo conversion. One is @ partial tracker/motard mockup stage...
2 '81 XS400, one almost mint stocker, one will be a turbo/EFI LSR bike. It WILL also be street legal and ridden as a local barhopper/cruise night ride. Frame will be vintage dragbike style, and hopefully set a record someday...lol

I build and ride what I build. Been a fabricator since '89 for a living, been into hotrods and choppers since Elementary school. The Blue Bitch was built when I was in 6th grade, and that style of chop as been an inspiration for what I build today. Long low fast choppers!

Spent a bit of time working for a pro-mod drag race team as both fabricator, engine builder and crew, so you know performance is important to me.

My business, Sprocketwerx Motorsports is all about choppers and drag racing (both cars and bikes)
I build custom triple trees, engine covers, custom springers, custom pipes... Trying to produce limited production parts instead of building someone else's project. Parts on the shelf ready to ship meand less pissed off customers when jobs get backed up and I take on more than I can handle... happens sometimes, hard to say no to a paying job...lol... I got a utility trailer to modify for a customer right now that's in the way of machining intake flanges for XS400/650 single carb.
I'm listed on the "shops" forum here, and on FB, TCU, HC.
See ya around, and keep the shiney side up!!!!

Nice intro!

And I thought I had a lot of project bikes with 5. You definitely have me beat! Glad to see you here!

Back