• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Over charged on shipping from CB750supply?

Stabler

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Just had to ask if this seems legit. I asked for a shipping quote on a carburetor diaphragm for my carbs from CB750supply.com. The parts costs $18 and fit well in a small envelope. Thing is they ask $33,25 to ship it to me. That meens a total of $51,25. Are they serious? Sending an envelope for $33,25? I can get a Priority Flat Rate Envelope sent by USPS for $16,95 - and in that I can stuff 4 lbs without any extra charge!

I think $33,25 is outrageous. Am I wrong?

Just had to ask if this seems legit. I asked for a shipping quote on a carburetor diaphragm for my carbs from CB750supply.com. The parts costs $18 and fit well in a small envelope. Thing is they ask $33,25 to ship it to me. That meens a total of $51,25. Are they serious? Sending an envelope for $33,25? I can get a Priority Flat Rate Envelope sent by USPS for $16,95 - and in that I can stuff 4 lbs without any extra charge!

I think $33,25 is outrageous. Am I wrong?

I sent an e-mail and asked about the shipping. Vickie got right back to me and could offer a really reasonable shipping cost instead of the $33,25. All I had to do was to ask!
Great customer service and I'll be getting my diaphragm soon enough!

It's might be something with how their system is set up. Maybe they typically only use UPS or something where the international rates are higher. Or maybe they had the weight or size of the part wrong in their system. :shrug:

A few months ago I was shopping for a gun safe online and could have had a 1,200lb safe shipped to my door for $9 instead of the $400 it should have cost. The website accidentally listed the safe as 1lb. I called and told them the error and they said they would honor the $9 shipping. :eek: Unfortunately, I didn't need a safe that big and couldn't really afford it anyway, so I didn't go through with it.

Anyway, I'm glad CB750 Supply took care of the problem for you. :thumbsup:

Wow.. 1200 lbs gunsafe. My gunsafe only weighs about 350 lbs. It was a PITA to get down into my basement.

About cb750supply, my hats of for Vickie there. I ended up paying only $8 for shipping and that I can justify for an $18 part that fits in an envelope and weighs next to nothing.

This thread started out kinda like flaming, but the info in it might help others as well.

Back