• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Greetings

CB750F2w

CB750 Member
Reaction score
hi Everyone,
just found this site...have just acquired a Honda CB750F2w...no pics just yet but will post shortly.

Just stopped by to say hi! :)

Attachments

• 576602_10150957252490342_504695341_12267233_488025903_n.jpg
    576602_10150957252490342_504695341_12267233_488025903_n.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 236
Thanks Pawl. The bike is in good nick...it has under 30M on the clock, and got it for just under $1,800 +/-

I plan to (try) and keep this one for a while.

Sounds like a good deal (by swedish measures)! Will you keep 'er original or chop her up?

Good question, Stabler; the short answer is - nah, I'll probably update the rear springs and maybe replace the side panels - the screw mounting on each of the panels has been broached, and is currently held in place by a ziptie on each side. I will also need to get a replacement spare key from somewhere; oh, and the handlebars have been replaced with a Renthal handlebar and it has no bar-end weights inserted...not that it seems to make much difference, so I might also get a pair and stick 'em in.

I would be interested in getting some hand guards fitted, but haven't dug too deep into that yet...and that's about it! :thumbsup:

FWIW: I visited a local Honda garage and they were convinced that my bike was a Honda Nighthawk...similar, in parts, perhaps, but it is definitely an F2w. How close are they in terms of similarity - anybody know?

Over here in the U.S. we call those a CB750 Nighthawk or just Nighthawk 750. I think that might be a U.S. thing though. :shrug:

I've seen it referred to as a 'Retro' on some of those parts supplier websites; from my research, it is distinctly marked and listed as something different from the American (nighthawk) CB750 version, though probably similar in many of its parts, I daresay!

Anyway, here's some pics...
Schnitzer-1 010.jpg Schnitzer-1 005.jpg Schnitzer-1 006.jpg

Schnitzer-1 007.jpg Schnitzer-1 008.jpg Schnitzer-1 009.jpg

Well I guess it's doesn't matter too much what people call it as long as when they are ordering parts they get the right ones. :shrug: Nice looking bike by the way.

Well I guess it's doesn't matter too much what people call it as long as when they are ordering parts they get the right ones. :shrug: Nice looking bike by the way.

Thanks for that. Speaking of ordering parts - any favourite online suppliers that deliver worldwide?

Thanks for that. Speaking of ordering parts - any favourite online suppliers that deliver worldwide?

I've bought oem parts for newer bikes from bikebandit.com and their site says they ship internationally via UPS.

Attachments

• P1010992.jpg
    P1010992.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 229
  • P1010993.jpg
    P1010993.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 202
  • P1010991.jpg
    P1010991.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 185
  • P1010990.jpg
    P1010990.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 263
I've bought oem parts for newer bikes from bikebandit.com and their site says they ship internationally via UPS.

Thanks for that:thumbsup:...still not sure about how close the Nighthawk is to the F2/w...and it appears that the parts manual is for the former. :shrug:

I've bought parts from bikebandit.com and had them shipped to me in Philippines for my 1978 Sabre a few times now. Parts arrived right at my door fast, and they take care of duties and customs fees although they do the calculation and include them in the original invoice. Takes the time waiting on customs clearing and the chance of my parts being held up by an officer with his hand out from the equation.
Considering where I am, their service was nice. I will always use them.

pcoumbe, It sounds like they have the international shipping thing down! I ship stuff international on occasion and the paperwork can be a pain. Do you know what company they use to ship stuff to you?

pcoumbe, It sounds like they have the international shipping thing down! I ship stuff international on occasion and the paperwork can be a pain. Do you know what company they use to ship stuff to you?

They have always sent to me using UPS with tracking available. The shipping is never cheap but the duties and taxes calcs are done right and I dont really have too many options in this part of the world, even some Thai suppliers wont ship here, why ? I don't know.

I've shipped things internationally before using UPS. I know there are about 4 extra forms and signatures required, so that must be for customs and duties and taxes and all of that stuff. I just go to the UPS store and they take care of it. It does take a lot more time though, and is a hassle, so I can see why a lot of companies don't want to deal with it.

I've shipped things internationally before using UPS. I know there are about 4 extra forms and signatures required, so that must be for customs and duties and taxes and all of that stuff. I just go to the UPS store and they take care of it. It does take a lot more time though, and is a hassle, so I can see why a lot of companies don't want to deal with it.

Maybe they've set it up with UPS and are doing it in house, no idea really, but it works for me here with limited options.

Back