• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Sprocketwerx Motorsports

Sprocket

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm Sprocket and I run Sprocketwerx Motorsports.
I'm small and can do one-off stuff as well as stocking my own line of custom machined parts and exhaust for SOHC sebbnfiddys. I'm not opposed to doing stuff for DOHC, just don't have one on hand to mock up from...lol
I also build parts for Yammy XS400 and 650, prob some 1100 too down the road.

Regular stock items will include billet triple trees in stock spacing and offset. These will replace stock top tree without even removing the fork from the bike, no custom spacers on the axle, just a clean smooth top tree with provision for most aftermarket handlebar risers (which I will also be making...lol)
I have designs for CB750 SOHC, Yammy XS400 and 650.
Fork braces will be coming soon.
Engine covers in various fin designs or just plain, smooth and clean!
Stator side insert
Points cover
Clutch cover
Starter cover
Breather cover
and maybe even rocker adjuster covers

Pipes are another thing I enjoy building and coming from a drag race background I'm all about performance.
4-2 crossover pipes will be first on the exhaust side. These will be paired 1,4 and 2,3 to take advantage of the firing order and the exhaust scavenging that provides.
4-1 tuned race style header
Down the road, maybe some shotgun pipes riding high.
I mock up pipes to my own chopper and then build a fixture to duplicate them.
I also (for now) have a stock '78 750 that I can mock up the same pipes to fit a stock frame, in fact it will wear one of the tuned race headers when that project sees the road (it's gonna get a turbo too ;))

Check out Sprocketwerx Motorsports on FB for pics and further developments and new products.

Material is cut to length, just need to run them on the mill. Holidays are eating up some time this weekend, but I'll be running a few operations on them as well as a little race car work for next week's race. I should have some out within a week. they will be posted on FB and on my photobucket.
http://s1165.photobucket.com/albums/q583/choppersprocket/
Got a few other fab jobs in the mix, and still getting the shop set up the way I want it. Just had my fixture table blanchard ground today. It's dead flat now. Bummer is when I need to do that stuff, I can't just cal maintenance to come get it, and it killed half the day of productive time.
Oh well, I got a good deal on the grind job.

Last edited:
It's just a drill press table, originally had 4 drill presses mounted to it. Cast iron with 1/2" webbing underneath... HEAVY METAL!!!
6' long X 3' wide, with a 3" drip rail all around (tool/junk catcher...lol)
I bolt an I-beam to the top and have adjustable fixture modules for building frames. Table is flat now, so I can measure squarely and accurately.
Fully adjustable for length, rake, ride height.
I haven't built a full frame in a few years on it, but there's 3 bikes that are waiting their turn on the Choppin'Block as we speak. (really 5, but 3 are either in process, or priority builds)

Right now there's an XS400 just sitting on blocks on one end of the table for mockup of intake manifolds that I build. And a bunch of machining projects (material blanks) and tooling on the other end. Gets filled up fast...lol Gotta clean it off when the fixture goes up.

Sounds nice. If you don't mind me asking, how much does something like that cost to have blanchard ground?

$80. Would have cost $250+ to have it machined on a mill, plus a lot of extra time. We dropped it off, had lunch and it was ready when we got back. Getting it there was the trick as my S10 is without motor at the moment, Small block needs to be put back together. 355ci, mild cam, small holley, headers... so I had to find someone that doesn't work days to bum a ride from.

I got a few pics of the table finish and the overall size with some reference. There's an XS400 frame with motor sitting on one end.
I'll post em up in the morning. 10 hrs straight today. too tired to deal with sending pics from my phone.

Been away fro here for a while. Working and traveling limits how many sites I get on...

Anyway, I have triple trees on the shelf.
2 sets of upper/lower, and a few top trees for a budget fork cleanup.
Top tree is $90 + shipping
Full set is $170+ shipping... Send your stock lower tree and I'll install the stem in new trees, press fit and bolted secure.
All hardware is stainless buttonhead screws. Top trees drilled and counterbored for 1/2" socket head cap screws for risers.
Lower tree drilled and tapped for fork stop bolts in the stock location.

Yeah, I grew up on the Brighton side of South Lyon. Spent a lot of time riding around that town back in the 80s. My dad is still good friends with "Jack" of Jack's Cycle World.

Dan, I really like your 1,4-2,3 crossover pipes. I haven't seen any others yet aside from the ones on my 73.

LOL... I was all around you. Grew up near Commerce Lake, moved to Ann Arbor in '84 for 10 years... ended up here in '06

The crossover pipes were a one-off that I traded for some 970 pistons.
I have a set started but had to use that motor when my 836 required more money than I had, so the motor in the mockup bike had to go in my chop for the season.
When cold weather hits, I'll put the stock frame back on the jig to chop, and will finish the prototypes and build fixtures.
I'm hoping to have a few sets ready for Christmas.

I went to SWOVEC in 84-85. Moved to North Carolina in 86.
Lots of fond memories up there. The Graph was fun to cruize but the money was on Gratiot after 11pm. I had moved up from the CB to a V45 Sabre in 85 and used to run it out on 96 leaving Novi, lots of open space back then. Not so much anymore.

I was SWOVEC 80-82...lol
Tiny world we live in...

And yes, EVERYTHING is built up. Everywhere I grew up riding trails is now houses and a hospital.

Back