• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New to this forum and became a bike man by chance

EDuncan162

CB750 New member
Reaction score
hi everyone:

as the title suggests the bike I got fell into my lap

guy I knew was cleaning out his basement and had a 77 cb 750K in the corner with 12,000 miles on it!

im new to the bike world, but ive been around engines as long as I can remember, theres no rust minus rot on the pipes but besides that its immaculate.

i put some new fluids into it and it started up, but sounded a bit so-so (assuming carb work needs to be done) just looking for info to get this baby back on the road and breathe some new life into it.

advice you be awesome!

Thanks!

Random pictures on earl III's camera 1661.JPGRandom pictures on earl III's camera 1700.JPGRandom pictures on earl III's camera 1689.JPGRandom pictures on earl III's camera 1682.JPGRandom pictures on earl III's camera 1681.JPGRandom pictures on earl III's camera 1674.JPGRandom pictures on earl III's camera 1667.JPGRandom pictures on earl III's camera 1663.jpgRandom pictures on earl III's camera 1642.JPGRandom pictures on earl III's camera 1641.JPGRandom pictures on earl III's camera 1651.jpgRandom pictures on earl III's camera 1708.JPG

Welcome to the site! Nice looking bike you have there. Do you know how long it has been sitting?

The bike has been sitting for about 10 years, but it is rust free and had the gas taken out when it was stored

pics were taken after i washed it tho haha, but I poured some gas and fired it up, but I know it needs a bit of TLC since it sounded ''bogged" down

just trying to see what it would take to get it road worthy again, as she totally deserves it haha

AWESOME bike, a true find, take care of her, thats a classic stocker with some serious looks! The clutch/points covers are aftermarket, rare and pricey too..nice:) also the oil psi gauge is an add on, looks cool might stick one on mine now that I've seen what it looks like..Keep her rubber side down and enjoy it!

Looks just like my 6300 mile '78 Kmodel, only mine has the stock covers and came with a Windjammer fairing.
I plan to swap suspension from CBR900RR front and back for a longer lower stock profile, clean monoshock, and much better braking!
I'm a chopper guy, but my wife needs some suspension for longer rides. I LOVE my rigid chop ('72 CB836 big bore) for solo riding!!!

Back