• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Heat discoloration on your chrome pipes? Aluminum dull? Something that WORKS!!

CB750-Bobber

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, this past February I attended the annual Easter Sportsmans Expo as I always do(Im a hunter :) ) and I was lucky enough to stumble on a booth promoting a polishing paste and liquid called Flitz, I proceeded to ask questions (with my bikes in mind) about the product as my Wenol brand polish was almost gone. Needless to say after a quick demo and a peek at the photo album of "before and afters" I was alllllmooost..sold, it was when he said "You know the heat discoloration you have on your bikes exhaust pipes?" "This stuff will take it off" he claimed.. SO I bought a tube and tonight I got board tinkering on things so I decided it was time to try it out.. I used my 0000 steel woll and the Flitz for about 2 minutes per pipe and they were nearly 100% again...I must admit, between the shine on my polished valvecover/stator cover/sprocket cover and semi-polished front forks I am happy as heck..but knowing my pipes will remain clear from here on out is worth every penny.. This is the size tube I bought and after a few uses I can say with confidence that I will not need to replace it for atleast 3 years.... Less is more with this polish, it doesn't take muc hto bring any of my metals to a brilliant shine.. Just to let any and all weho may read this, I am NOT affilitaed with the Flitz company by any way, just a happy customer whos hoping his fellow vintage bike riders can have shiny bikes too!:)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flitz-Polis...Parts_Accessories&hash=item564a22d643&vxp=mtr

Expensive, but if it will take bluing off of exhaust, it is worth it. You should have taken before and after pictures.

After? lets see if this works..
attachment.php

Cant really see any difference as this want the blue side...before I had sync'd the carbs my #3 and 4 were brown/blue really bad, so the Flitz was my saving grace..Ill snap a better one tommorrow.

Flitz has been around for a while but Brasso has been around alot longer... I have heard of guys useing tarnex as well. As I dont speak from my own personal experience use caution... Nice! )

Back