• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

leaking oil need help.

jeremyb724

CB750 New member
Reaction score
hello everyone, glad to join. i have recently bought an 81cb750 and it has a small oil leak coming from the front of the engine. there is a small hole thing with a screw on it just between the two headers in the middle. can anyone verify this for me and help me. its not leaking to bad but can i plug it up or leave it open idk idk help me :doh:

hello everyone, glad to join. i have recently bought an 81cb750 and it has a small oil leak coming from the front of the engine. there is a small hole thing with a screw on it just between the two headers in the middle. can anyone verify this for me and help me. its not leaking to bad but can i plug it up or leave it open idk idk help me :doh:

it looks like a little valve oof some sort, maybe not sure please help

cb engine.jpg

just between the two pipes in the middle

Ok that is one of the cam chain adjusters. So no you cant plug it or leave it open. If it is leaking by the threads then there should be an oring or a washer that needs to be replaced. If the plug is leaking then you need to get a new plug.

Back