• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

All lights constantly on

kdesmo996

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought my first Honda CB, 1980 CB750 and I'm having issues with all the light constantly on.
When the bike is on: headlight, front signals, rear signals, taillight constantly stays on. Even when I press the brakes the taillight doesn't get brighter.

Please help

Thanks,
Kevin

Well nobody else is chiming in, so I might as well try to help a little.

First off, you need to check the wiring diagram to see what lights should come on with the key switch on. I don't know how the '80 was set up, but headlight and tail light should both be on and maybe the front turn signals if it's set up to have running lights in the front (some did have front running lights). I seriously doubt that there were rear running lights, but that doesn't mean someone didn't change things over the last 30+ years.

So what happens when you flip the turn signals on? Any flashing anywhere?

If you don't have and can't find a wiring diagram, look at the bulbs for the front and rear signals. If they have two filaments, it's reasonable to assume that one is for running lights and one for turn signals. Check the tail light bulb... should be 2 filaments there for sure.

Not all that much help, but we have to start somewhere.

79 to 83 cb's all had front running lights, no rear running lights. Check the switch in the handle bar control. For the brake light check the adjustment / operation on the rear brake switch connected to the rear of the pedal with a spring

I was able to figure out the problem with the brake light, the fuse was blown :doh:

The signal lights always stays on, when I flip the switch to left, the left signal turns off while the right stays on and vice versa...I mentioned that the front signals stays on too but then I realized the bike are missing the front signals...would that possibly be the reason why the rear signals stays on?

Back