• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

drag pipe question

Brdeca

CB750 Member
Reaction score
hey just a quick exhaust question about my 76CB750F, I've read a bunch of different opinions one way or the other about drag pipes, I like the sound I could get out of them as well as the look(I love the symmetry of a 4-into-4 setup) but from what I've read I could lose all by bottom end power. Is there a way to get that kind of sound(if even a bit quieter) but still keep that low end?

http://silodrome.com/yamaha-cafe-racers/

I know it's a different bike but it seems like the same idea(individual exhaust for each cylinder) and I think that same kind of look on a 4-into-4 would look really cool.

Get bigger Jets, Get a set of carbs from a 77-78 750, They have an en richer pump and that will help of getting rid of a flat spot in the mid range that the stock carbs can give you when running Drag pipes. Or call Ken at CYCLE X for a set of his 2 into 4 carbs and you will really like them.

i run Cycle X drag pipes, no baffles and velocity stacks on my 72 and low end power loss is not a problem, no flat spots and top end it just pulls to redline. just jet it proper. they sound and look great too.

K2750tracy, My end game set up seemed to be exactly what you're running. Problem is by that time my CB750 will be my daily driver. What do you get gas mileage wise, and do you wake the neighbors when you crack the throttle?

Fuel mileage is a bit low around 34 mpg. Its not to loud if you don't crack on it, roars when you pull hard up thru the rpms, no worse than most open exhaust Harleys, only faster :D:laugh:

Back