• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Making new oil lines

Brdeca

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have a '76 750f and one of my oil lines has started leaking. I don't know which one is the supply and which one is the return but they're both old and I'd like to replace the both so that shouldn't matter. my question is how hard is it to make new hoses from the ones I have? Like can I just crimp on new hoses to the old fittings? Or are there places that I could have this done? I took them to a local shop that does the same thing with hydraulic lines but the guy there said they couldn't do it because the fittings are aluminum. hopefully some of you guys have delt with this before and can help me out. thanks.

You can use the fittings and just use hose clamps to clamp the hose onto the fittings because there is no real pressure on either of the lines. One is just a suction/feed to the oil pump and the other is just a return from the scavange pump. Cycle X has line that looks like the original stuff if you are looking for originality. No need for high pressure hose, it just needs to be oil resistant. The higher pressure hoses are thicker and are hard to get to bend into the awkward places the original lines are run. I just run oil resistant line I get from Napa and I double clamp all the ends. Nothing special needed.

Yes that line is pretty stiff and is hard to work with in this tight of an area. If you like the braided look you can use the braided hose covering.

Back