• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Stock air filter or?

I run K&N pods. They are harder to get jetted right but I have seen several stock air boxes that warped over time an let dirt leak past. Having to rejet seems like a worthwhile trade to me.

Well mr dirt digger can u give a bit more info on the jets with a pod. Cause I've often read vaccum is a problem cause the carbs are set up that way. I am currently building a dohc cafe. Which will be I hope a pod beast.

my 750f runs like a bag of azz with k&Ns topped out at 107 on The new york thruway. i"ve been dealing with the lack of power since 1994. 750 L motor carbs and airbox should cure it. How am I gonna take Lorraine to the beach
if it don't run?????

I only deal with SOHC motors mostly so my jetting wont be anywhere close to the carbs on the DOHC. A couple of companies used to make jet kits for the DOHC motors, Dynojet, Uni, k&N are the ones I can think of. Dont know if they are still offered though.

That's what I was thinking cause everything I read tells me stock air box or change out carbs. Cause the stock carbs do run on vaccum. When opened up like with pods they loose The vaccum. And well don't proform right. I have something I want to try if it works I'll post it.

I have a stock air box thats a little warped but usable, I was hoping to use some type of pod on my sohc just for ease of use. But if it hampers performance alot I will have to wrstle with the airbox!

It doesnt seem to hurt performance you just have to rejet for the free-er floweing K&N. My dad runs them also on his 74 750 because his stock air box was warped.

So dirtdigger, with the pods giving u more air made it leaner u had to move up in. Main jet size? Do u know how much bigger just one size? if u could find out that would b great...thx...doug

Mark Dobeck the former owner of Dynojet cops to a loss of midrange using his kits. the $800 solution is keihin fcrs. i REFUSE to spend $800 for carbs for an $800 bike now my ELR

Back