• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

neutral light

dan1951

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Anyone had a intermittent neutral light problem on a k2? I went for a ride today when the light came on after every shift then worked fine after then no light when in neutral, Now works OK. I had a similar problem on My 95 goldwing it was just a loose nut at the contact wire. Could this be the same or do I have a nightmare to look at, The crappy manual I have indicates it,s under the starter. Big job or not, I could not find a post on such a problem. Does the carbs have to come off to check this part? Thanks for any input.

The switch is on the very bottom of the motor more toward the left side right by the frame rail. It has a screw in the center with a single wire. The switches do go bad and stick over time because it is in contact with oil. It is held in by one small bolt and a small metal tab. They can be a pain to get out because the o-ring that seals the switch to the motor gets hard.

Thanks Digger, That switch is located in a bas---- spot! it,s dark out now can,t see to mig the sawed off 10mm socket and box wrench together to get the bolt out. Can You use pliers on the switch I can,t see under there to good to see what it,s made of. I will keep Ya informed on what I screwup. Anyway I appreciate Your help on the matter, Thanks

lucked out The switch came out with a little prying with sharp flatblade, The bolt was a different story as being directly between the frame tube the wrench I concocted worked. The switch actually had rust inside when I flushed it out using maf cleaner then pb blaster 4x then it worked properly. I had continuity with the ball fully depressed at the start.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 203
Back