• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

'78 Barn Find

Vicman

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
71 CB750.jpg
Here is my barn find.:D
Picked it up 2 weeks ago. The inspection sticker on the fork is from 1978. The gas tank looks like the fuel has been in there that long.:eek:

Thanks!
The other side looks a little murkey from some fuel leakage but it seems to be cleaning up with carb cleaner and a tooth brush. The inside of the tank has a whole family of monsters living inside as can be imagined.
So far I have removed the fairing and sissy bar (they are available if someone is interested) drained the tank, removed the front caliper and master cylinder for cleaning/rebuild and got the carbys loosened up. Been having trouble with the master cylinder building pressure but am getting close.
I was looking for a rougher specimen to give the Cafe treatment to when I found this one and just can't convince myself to do any customizing as she is so clean and all together. The pipes look to be perfect with a little strategically placed polish.

I am rebuilding the master cyl tonight finish the front stopper. I hope to get the carbys off to start going through them. My engine is all lubed up with an oil change and turns over nicely with the kicker so I don't anticipate any trouble there. Carbys were pretty gloppy when I dropped the bowls but not near as bad as some I've seen posted here. The fuel tank is another issue all together, major issues on the inside:yikes:. Once I get the carbys and tank cleaned up I'll see if she cranks over. If all is good, time for tires and let the good times roll.:D

Last night I completed the front brake system and am very pleased with it. I had hoped to start work on the carbs but ran out of day.
I kind of chuckled last night wondering how many cans of penetrating oil, WD-40, brake cleaner, and carb cleaner are used on the average resto.

Looks like you are making great progress!

Wish i could find one that clean. heard about a '70' sitting on a porch for the past 12 years, trying to get more info. you have a great find there, how many miles are on it?

I titled this thread wrong, it's actually a 71.
It has a little over 20K.
Last few nights has been spend cleaning the carbs. They look like the bowl gaskets were glued in with rubber cement or something. Otherwise everything is moving along perfect.

I titled this thread wrong, it's actually a 71.
It has a little over 20K.
Last few nights has been spend cleaning the carbs. They look like the bowl gaskets were glued in with rubber cement or something. Otherwise everything is moving along perfect.
Damn...Nice Find Vicman...She's a bute

DSC03326.JPGDSC03327.JPGDSC03328.JPGDSC03320.JPGDSC03322.JPGDSC03323.JPGDSC03324.JPGDSC03325.JPG

So here are pics of the fairing. The windshield is in excellent shape I haven't even wiped the dust off it. The pic is with my hand behind it.

Hey Vicman, I am new to this site. I have a 72 cb750. just wondering if you are selling that fairing? How much do you want for it? Nice find by the way. Thanks grib72.

Yes, it is for sale. Shipping will be a bit of an issue since getting it into an economic safe box gets spendy.
I'd love to get $140 for it...plus whatever it cost to ship.
There is a good chance I'll be making a trip to the Detroit area the first of November and could fit it into my pick-up just fine.

Thanks vicman for the reply. How about the sissy bar, sorry I just noticed that you had that for sale also. My dad lives in Morganton, NC. So nice down there, Thanks grib72.

Back