• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

frt. end shakes at 45m.p.h.

dan1951

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Got a frt. end problem I have a shake very noticeable at the handlebars at 45-50m.p.h. It gets worse when remove My hand from the clutch side. at 60 or above it goes away. Or it seems like it to Me. I removed the frt. wheel took it in and had the wheel trued and balanced, Reinstalled same problem. steering head is tight, wheel bearings good, Possible tire problem? Dunlop 401 with approx. 400mi. it sat for 3yr.s At My witt,s end. Also it,s been like this since I got it back on the road, Any suggestions would be great, Thanks in advance.

I'd also check the rear end. Get it up on the center stand and see if there is any play in the swing arm. From sitting for 3 years there could be flat spots in the tires.

Thanks for the tip, I stayed up late last night and fabricated a couple of T stands from angle iron and cut a large flat washer in half and welded it on top to rest the axle on and drilled a hole to mount a indicator rod C- clamped them on work bench. You are right the wheel is within 1m.m. but the tire is laterally all over. Wasted 75 bucks. By the way the tire is a d404 not a 401. I would take it back but I know they would say I need a new tire which They should have told Me in the first place instead of mounting 2 oz. of weights on it no more of My business there. Thanks again.

Yes Grepper, and Vicman, I should have worked backwards and checked it Myself first. Anyone know if the tire will straighten itself out with some miles? Shame the tire looks new, Anyway thanks for the comments.

Back