• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Video for checking valve clearances on the DOHC CB750

Travis

Forum Staff
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a good video for checking valve clearances on the DOHC CB750s. It's relevant for the Honda CB750, CB900, and CB1000. It doesn't cover the cam positions that well, but it shows you how to measure the clearances and remove the shims.

Great video Travis, thanks. I don't believe my '74 CB750 has ever been checked. It has 15k original miles, and once engine has run for a bit / operating temp the motor is strong. I've been told it probably needs rejetting more then anything which would help with starting and holding idle for the first bit. What's your thoughts?

Well my original factory Honda manual suggests adjusting valves every 3000miles, so....I think you may be over due:thumbsup:

Yeah I would at least check them to see if any are off, then decide if you want to order shims or can swap any around to get where you need to be.

Right. I didn't catch the '74 in Zero's post. I guess I figured since the video is about the process for the DOHC, that's what we were talking about. :eek: I should have read more carefully.

Not that the process is hard, but maybe I can find a video for the SOHC bikes. Or make one.

Back