• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

NOOB to CB750 :)

CB750-Bobber

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello fellow CB fans, just wanted to introduce myself, I've been around on some of the other sites as some of you may know...Currently own a 78 CB750 bobber and an a stock 79' XS400 and a few other dirt toys..I'm not an expert, never claimed to be..I consider myself a learner willing to tackle ANYTHING and I'm looking to leverage the groups vast array of CB knowledge to keep my bike running just as smooth as can be, along with helping other on issues I may have already conquered!..In the meantime, keep her right side up! PS, I posted an album with our builds and captions...enjoy my friends!

Thanks guys.
Travis we built one first, if you've seen the 2 bros gallery the first bike was the 73K called the purple peter-eater.. We chopped that one for about 2 months installing a TC Bros hardtail kit along with many other parts, it was then that I realized we as virgin builders would never be able to complete two builds before winter came.. So I began searching for basket cases or project bikes locally..hoping to have a few of the necessary steps completed to save us time..I should mention that the whole intent of our venture was to spend time together as brothers with an almost 10yr gap and build two bobbers for us to enjoy together as well..:) Needless to say I stumbled on my bike in Syracuse NY on Craigslist. After showing my brother the pics and the price we decided the "ground up bike would be his and he would buy me out of my share of the costs thus far so I can put the funds towards purchasing this roller..it was 1800.00.. At the time being we had invested right around 2k into the purple 73 and that was a free donor no less! So the price was right, and it saved us time in the long run.. As far as what my bike is comprised of vs Kyles(the 73)
Travis's Bike Kyle's
CycleX Boxer frame TC Bros hard tail kit
Atomic orange Dupont Ferrari testarossa red with .025 gold HOK flake candied in.
3.1 gal. tank 2.2 gal. Peanut tank
Cycle X foot pegs/brake assm. TC Bros FWD controls
5" Bates style light 5.75 Bullet style headlight

These are some of the top items i can think of...they do look similar in the photos but once you stand next to, sit on each of them you realize how different they are..about 6" in seat height difference, Kyles paint comes ALIVE in the sun, he stance is more classic bobber vs my drag style bobber look.. SO in the end I bought the 78K for 1800.00, spend two months swapping undesired PO parts, completely wiring, plumbing, installing fuel system inc. carbs, all cables and controls, powder coating some parts and adding some of my own personal little touches like the stainless steel fender accent. Anywhoot, both bikes are running great, we had a blast building them, drank alot of beer, built a rock solid relationship with my lil bro thats still going strong today..He is currently trying to talk me into chopping the XS400...lol But I really like the stocker look on her..We'll see...ya never know ;)

Nice run down on the differences between the two. At first glance they look so much alike with the colors, tanks, apes, solo seats, rear fenders, exhausts, and even the polish and paint on the engines. Both look good though. I do like the Cycle X frame better. It has cleaner lines. The flake in the paint on Kyle's bike looks good.

attachment.php

Nice run down on the differences between the two. At first glance they look so much alike with the colors, tanks, apes, solo seats, rear fenders, exhausts, and even the polish and paint on the engines. Both look good though. I do like the Cycle X frame better. It has cleaner lines. The flake in the paint on Kyle's bike looks good.

attachment.php

I cant deny there photographic similarities:D My eldest brother bitched us out over Kyles paint because it appeared to be so close in the pics we sent him..Then when he saw it in person heagreed the pics sell out when it comes to the paint. Thanks for the kind words we get alot of lookers and questions as we cruise around are area, not to many vintage Jap bikes with shiny paint ad chrome around here, its either Harleys, new metrics or rustbuckets that fell victim to a friday night rattle-can paint-job :p

Back