• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

72, cb750 chain oiler

dan1951

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Another question that is not covered in the clymer manual. The auto chain oiler is working overtime I.E. it,s drenching the chain in motor oil, Is the flat tip screw in the center of the mainshaft the drive sprocket is mounted to an adjustment for the oiler? If so C.W. to slow the flow or C.C.W. Thanks in advance,

Yes the center screw is an adjustment. Clockwise to decrease oil flow. If you turn the screw in until it stops it will turn the oil flow off for the most part.

I installed a chain oiler plug on my K2. I got it from Joker Machine for $9.95 and it just taps in to stop the flow of oil to the oiler. I like to use Pro Honda chain lube on my chain, just a personal preference. An added benefit to plugging the oiler and lubing the chain myself is that the chain doesn't throw oil all over my back wheel, swing arm and front sprocket cover any more. Just don't forget to keep up with chain maintenance!

Back