• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Drive sprocket removal on 72 cb750

dan1951

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Any help would be appreciated in info. removing the frt. drive sprocket on a 72 cb750 with the chain oiler, nut, and keeper, My problem is the center bolt with the oiler adjustment Lt. or RT. hand? Also would it be wise running a O-ring chain? Thanks in advance.

Right hand thread. chain is personal preference. They are heavier, more expensive and take more power to run them but they do last a little longer and typically are a bit stronger. If you buy a decent std chain and lube it often then they will last a long time. The 750 really doesn't make a huge amount of power and the chains are a lot better quality now days so a std chain is sufficient for the 750.

Thanks dirtdigger, I was thinking it would be logical to be RT. hand since the sprocket turns c.c.w. but was not sure. The reason I asked about the chain is that it is wider and was worried about it sawing into crankcase with wear. Anyway thanks again for the useful information. Take Care.

Back