• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Help me pick an electronic ignition kit

wbradshaw6

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am replacing my electronic ignition. I have found 3 kits and want to get some feedback from the community as to which one you guys recommend.

Pamco Kit: $259.00

pamco.PNG

Dyna S: $279.95

Dyna S.PNG

Cycle X: $349.95

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cycle-X-High-Performance-Ignition-Honda-cb750-69-78-cafe-race-/200652257180

My mechanic recommends the Dyna kit become he is very familiar with it. He uses it on all of his Harleys and all of the CBs that he has built in the past. From reading forums, it seems that most people are using the Pamco ignitions. And the Cycle X info claims that it is the best and puts the other 2 to shame. My bike is a CB750, 836 big bore kit, aftermarket exhaust, running pod filters if that makes any difference. Please chime in with your recommendations. Thanks!

I do believe the Cycle X is the best and most accureate out there. I would have one if not for the price. I run Dyna on my stuff. Has been dead reliable for me and my dads 750's. They are a common ignition and are pretty straight forward. Pamco is good too but I dont like how they look and are assembled. Most people run them because they are cheaper. If you want the kit with the most tunabilty and accuracy you need the Cycle x. And Ken is a stand up guy and makes good products.

Thanks for the reply! I am planning on doing a bunch of stuff this winter so right now I am just planning out what I want to do. At a $70 difference between the Dyna S and the Cycle kit then I will go with the Cycle kit if it is truly a better setup.

If you are ok with the price I would definately do the Cycle X ignition.

I have the Pamco on my CB750 and it has not given me any problems. I had the Dyna S on my Kawasaki without any problems. I wouldn't hesitate to try the Cycle X either.

I also have a Pamco and no experience with the other two. I've also heard the Cycle X ignition is really good though if you're willing to spend the money.

The Cycle X looks nice. Optical trigger and multi spark discharge. Spendy! Found a good link for it http://cyclexchange.net/HighPer Ignition Page.htm

I too just installed a pamco. I wasn't impressed with the construction but, it works just like it's supposed to.

In fact it seems a little too smooth. I kind of miss the popping on hard decelleration I got with the dual points and dual side pipes without a balance tube.

Back