• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New Here!!!!

mr_erskine

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum, because I needed to find a community that I can glean advice from.

I have a 1981 CB750F Super Sport that I am currently restoring after I let it sit for a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

It shouldn't take too much to get it done, and I am looking forward to it being finished because it is one of the best, most fun bikes I've ever ridden.

Welcome! What are you doing to the bike, a full restoration or just cleaning it up and getting it running again? Pics?

Welcome! What are you doing to the bike, a full restoration or just cleaning it up and getting it running again? Pics?

A little of both. I kept it under a roof for most of the time that I wasn't on it. The engine work, (that is not part of a tune-up,) I believe will just be carb work, and I will have the transmission looked at to be on the safe side. I know the front master cylinder need to be replaced, and the front brake lines, but I'm going to have the rear brake looked at to be safe. The tires look good, but I'm going to put new rubber on it because I don't want to run the risk of a blow out... The electronics are all in fine shape.

I am going to repaint the frame black, and I am going to paint the plastics matte black. I am going to chop some of the tail, and move the brake light up. I'm not going to chop too much because my wife rides with me. I am putting the older Honda wings on it, and the number "54" on the tank. I am undecided as to whether I want to put the fairing back on it, or not.

I don't anticipate it being too much work. I can post up pics from my other computer, sometime

Back