• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rebuilt clutch

Brdeca

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just rebuilt my clutch and I got it all put back together and now I can't get any resistance in the clutch lever no matter what I do. Any ideas?

It's a '78 CB750F. I was reading somewhere that maybe I put the lifter plate on 90degrees off of what it should be, could that be the problem?

The pressure plate is probably not lined up with the clutch center. Pull it apart and you'll see how they go together without the friction disks and clutch plates.

I pulled it all apart and made sure everything was lined up right when I reassembled it but I'm still having the same issue, the whole clutch just feels like isn't frozen, like there's nothing pushing against the springs.

image.jpgimage.jpg

is one of the steel plates supposed to be a double plate? I'm thinking maybe that extra thickness is pushing the pressure plate too far back and it's hitting against the back of the clutch basket. could that be the problem?

Last edited:
Back