• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750F two tower coils

Bert

TooWeel
Reaction score
Greetings could someone please advise me what are the correct coils to use on my bike which is a 1981 CB750F, it has electronic ignition and has two TEC KP02 coils, however I get the idea these coils were fitted on Kawasaki's.
Thanks,
Bert.

Thanks for your reply. Firstly the bike does not start easily when cold, secondly once on the road it runs and accelerates very smoothly, although lacks in power. However after running at say 120/130 km per hr it develops a miss fire and serious loss of power. The problem seems to be related to some electrical component beginning to break down when hot.
I changed both spark units, no improvement. The spark on all 4plugs does look somewhat weak and therefor I am now wondering are the coils just too old.
I measured the ohms on both coils, primary windings are 3.6 ohms and secondary are 13k ohms (At ambient temp).
By the way the compression is : 1cyl -120 psi, 2cyl -120psi; 3cyl - 110psi; 4cyl - 115 psi.
Carbs have been cleaned. All new plug leads and spark plug holders.

If someone has any ideas on what else I should try, please respond. I am thinking of changing the coils.

Thanks,
Bert.

Back