• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wanted - Siide Covers for 75 CB750

DSlo

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Looking for some non stock side covers for my 1975 CB750. Any know of a fabricator or any sites that do side covers? Thanks for the help.

Purchased those maier side covers

Hey fellas, relating my own personal experience with the maier side covers I purchased for my 76 cb 750. They are a decent buy for the price.. I had to buy longer mounting bolts for my side covers and had to put the fasteners in a vice and collapse them a bit so they would bite down on the bolts. I sanded primed and spray painted them and they turned out really nice. Amazon was my point of purchase. Good lookin out.

Ended up getting side covers from fb-stuff. for some reason the electrical side one is not staying in which leads me to believe the mounting points on my bike dont have the correct orginal hard wear. Should there be rubber grommets in each mounting point?

Ended up getting side covers from fb-stuff. for some reason the electrical side one is not staying in which leads me to believe the mounting points on my bike dont have the correct orginal hard wear. Should there be rubber grommets in each mounting point?
Hey Bud, You are correct, They are form fitted rubber grommets that the prongs on the side cover lock into... We have local recycling yards here and I usually am able to find them on a scrap bike. Post in the classifieds here, maybe you'll get lucky....

The side cover grommets are available on eBay, vintagecb750.com and other places. I also saw a youtube video where a guy just got a box of grommets from Harbor Freight for $5. There aren't any oval ones in there, but they work.

Back