• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Oil Tank

PeaceOfChrome

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I am replacing an aftermarket oil tank with an origonal. i got the in and out but i dont know where the two hoses that are on the back side go? Any help or Pictures would hlep!!

Thanks
Mike

The bigger one on the top back side is the overflow. The small one on the back is the vent that goes to the back of the engine. Does that help or do you still want a pic?

Here you go:

cb750_sohc_engine_vent_to_oil_tank.jpg

The nipple is smaller for later year engines, but it's in the same location.

Thanks!!!!! This may hep get me on the road by my birthday! May 18th. One more quick question. Is there an oring seal for the oil lines that connect to the oil tank? I cant get mine to stop leaking oil. Is it ok to use pipe tape to help seal the treeads?

Thanks,
Mike

There's an o-ring where they connect to the motor (15X2.5) 91302-377-000

At the tank, they have crush washers (12MM) 94109-12000 and (14MM) 94109-14000

You shouldn't need any plumber's tape or pipe dope for those threads.

You'll want to double check those part numbers. The washers are about 50 cents each online and the o-rings are about $4.50

I would advise against pipe tape on the threads. Reason...just as using RTV on any part of the 750 motor is a big no no because it can and will fall off inside and more than likely end up in the oil orfice in the head blocking oil to the cam, this can also happen with thread tape if it finds its way into the oil supply. With o rings in place there is no need to seal the threads as the threads are not meant to do the sealing.....the flat face and the o ring do the sealing. Back to my RTV rant, use only Three Bond or hondabond or yamabond to seal anything on the 750 motor. RTV is not stable in oil over the long term and WILL break off inside where it squishes out and cause problems. I know someone will say they have used it with no problems.....do what you want its your motor but I wont be!:) And that concludes my rant!

I found replacements for these 91302-377-000 in a hardware store here in Sweden, called Swedol. Cost $ 0,50 compared to like $ 5 on cmsnl.com.
Just saying there's corners to cut when spending money on your CB750. Some parts do need to be OEM or a damn good copy to work. O-rings and simple gaskets doesn't. Just be sure on every measurement/specification before you shop.

Good luck!

Be careful of the o-rings you use. Different applications require different compounds. EPDM o-rings will fail quickly when used with oil, as they are designed for use with water systems. Your best bet will be Nitrile or Viton. Either of which can be had for a lot less than the price of the Honda part.

Thanks for all the hlep!! You guys are great. I love this community. I picked up the parts at a local Honda dealer and all is well (with the oil situation). Now if I can get enough guts to tear into the carbs, I will be in good shape.

Mike

Yep! Just take your time and take pictures if you think you might not remember how something goes back together.. If you get stuck along the way we're here to help!

Thanks for all the support!! I think I may be OK. I found an electrical short that was causing the motor to act up at higher RPM. I fixed it and things seem OK for now. This may be a winter project!

Where was the short? I guess if it's running good now, there's no need to tear into the carbs during riding season.

Back