• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Please help me identify my bike

wbradshaw6

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, new to Cb750s, and my first time posting. I just purchased a CB750 and absolutely love it! I am trying to figure out if it is an F or a K and am having some serious difficulty. The bike has been restored and the guy I bought it from did not know what it is. On the forks there is a number (CB7502410756) and on the engine there is another number (CB750E-2506871). Like I said the bike has been restored so I am not sure what all is still original and what has been pieced together from other bikes. I do know that their is an 836cc big bore kit installed, but besides that I am in the dark about the bike. Any help that y'all can give would be awesome!

Attachments

• CB1.jpg
    CB1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 182
  • CB2.jpg
    CB2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 191
  • CB3.jpg
    CB3.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 180
  • CB4.jpg
    CB4.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 173
Ok. I have read that only the F series had the black housing for the headlight, which mine does. But it also has the rear drum brake, which would signal K. Should I just assume that this bike is a mash-up of different bikes and just enjoy it for what it is?

What is the frame number? Is it the number you said was on the fork? The frame number should be on the steering stem on the left side stamped into the frame metal. Your motor numbers indicate a 76 K motor because of the lack of the FE designation. If it is a cb750FE-25***** motor then it would be a 75 F0 motor. This is all assuming it has all the original motor parts because cylinders and or heads all could have been swapped onto this block and it is easy to paint the cylinder and head black. If the fork number is indeed the frame number then it is a 74 K4 frame. Anybody can paint body parts so dont assume colors indicate a certain model, you have to go by the frame numbers and or individual part numbers on the parts in question. I would say it is two different bikes used to make one.

Back