• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Cams leaking?

jacksondee

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there. I've been noticing a bit of a leak for a while. Just 'pinpointed' where its coming from the other day. I check the oil level every other week or so and it doesn't seem to be leaking enough to bother the reading on the dipstick. But of course would like to get it taken care of anyways. Is it possily as easy as loosening and then re tightening that screw it seems to be leaking from? Can you see the little bubbling at the top of that screw on top of the cams?

More than likely the rubber seal underneath is hard and or cracked. Just get new ones....loosening and tightening them back up will probably make the leak worse.

what are these seals called? the guy at the bike shop priced them out to me for like $60 including shipping. figure I can find them myself on the interwebs but don't have nay idea what they might be called..

More than likely the rubber seal underneath is hard and or cracked. Just get new ones....loosening and tightening them back up will probably make the leak worse.

You can find them on any online honda parts micro fiche. They are still available from honda and are around $6 a piece last time I checked. You need 8

You can find them on any online honda parts micro fiche. They are still available from honda and are around $6 a piece last time I checked. You need 8

Thanks. $6.16 each. Had to be careful, the official Honda Parts House website wanted to charge me like $21 to ship 8 little rubber washers..

I only use Service Honda for my oem parts, reasonable shipping and fast.

Everyone has there own place they go too and there are more than one that are good.

Hey I've ordered the necessary new rubber washers. I had no trouble installing the 4 that go around the exterior. But the 4 there that are interior, under the frame so to say are being brats. I turn them and turn them and they only come up this far and won't come out. I've used some pliers to try and pry them while I turn the wrench the proper direction. I'm only nervous because I've never worked on a motor before and when people say you have to be gentle because its aluminum and you don't want to strip stuff and damage permanently, I don't know what to do exactly here.. Any suggestions for an newbie? I was all excited I was doing a good job on the other 4 and then all of a sudden these ones won't come out.

photo (94).JPG

Hey I've ordered the necessary new rubber washers. I had no trouble installing the 4 that go around the exterior. But the 4 there that are interior, under the frame so to say are being brats. I turn them and turn them and they only come up this far and won't come out. I've used some pliers to try and pry them while I turn the wrench the proper direction. I'm only nervous because I've never worked on a motor before and when people say you have to be gentle because its aluminum and you don't want to strip stuff and damage permanently, I don't know what to do exactly here.. Any suggestions for an newbie? I was all excited I was doing a good job on the other 4 and then all of a sudden these ones won't come out.

View attachment 3565

I'm an idiot. The rubber washers were stuck to the cylinder head and preventing me from getting the screws all the way out. Flat head screw driver to pry up the rubber washers and I've got them all changed out..

good deal!
i cannot begin to count the times i have been a idiot and had a brain fart wrenching. seems the answer is always simple and yet so elusive at the moment.

Back