• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Make Offer - I lost a Brother-in-Law, Selling parts to help his kids - Master CB750 Builder

bobbernick

CB750 Member
Reaction score
This is a tough post to make, but my brother-in-law Dan just passed away. I know that he posted on this site and has built some great CB750's over the year. He recently ended his life and we all miss him dearly. Dan left behind 2 children and a shop full of parts. His kids are great! I'm raising his daughter and his son is living with my parents in Oregon (Where Dan was from). I live is Utah. I'm selling some of his items from his most recent build in hopes to split the money between his son and daughter. I'm not sure what some of these items are worth, but I know that Dan always looked for rare and expensive parts. I'm going to list these items as "Make an Offer." If anyone knows values on these items, please let me know what a fair market price would be.

I build myself, but I know the Yamaha XS650 market and parts and not the Honda/Cafe market. I always admired Dan's love for Cafe Racers that extends back to 1995, way before they became "cool" again.

If you are interested in any of the items, please let me know. School is here again, and I will entertain honest offers for these items as they need to go ASAP to help pay for fees.

Items:

750 Four Seat in Mint Condition! From what I can tell. I'm not sure if this is the Italian model that goes for $700 or not.

Old seat with fiberglass cowl. Vintage cafe seat.

Brand New in box Avon tires (These were ordered 2 months ago, perfect rubber) One 100/90-19 57v and one 130/90-17 68 v

Red Dunstall/GBR Highboy type tank, minor dings Honda Red paint with dual petcock.

New in Box Hotwing Cafe Fiberglass seat with pad and directions for seat pan and install.

Mounted Set of 4 Swagelok Carb Sync Vacuum gauges with hoses and cuplings. A must for syncing carbs

Thanks,

Nick

Attachments

• 750FOUR SEAT.jpg
    750FOUR SEAT.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 197
  • CAFE SEAT 1.jpg
    CAFE SEAT 1.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 175
  • CAFE SEAT 2.jpg
    CAFE SEAT 2.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 186
  • CAFE SEAT BOTTOM.jpg
    CAFE SEAT BOTTOM.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 193
  • tank 1.jpg
    tank 1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 192
  • tank 3.jpg
    tank 3.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 189
  • tank 4.jpg
    tank 4.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 183
  • tires 1.jpg
    tires 1.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 182
  • tires 2.jpg
    tires 2.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 189
  • VACUUM GAGES.jpg
    VACUUM GAGES.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 186
  • CARB SYNC VACUUM GAGES.jpg
    CARB SYNC VACUUM GAGES.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 198
Is anyone interested? If not the lot is going on EBay... I thought I would try to find the CB750 enthusiasts here. It seems like everyone is out riding and not checking this forum right now :)

Hi, I'm interested in the carb syncs, but cant find any info on them. Did he custom mount them or something?

I don't know the rarity of the tank. I'm pretty sure that it's really collectable. It does have a few small dings in it that would need to be touched-up and repainted. I'm seeing these tanks go for $500 online that are re-issue and have seen a few for $700. It does have the dual petcocks on it. I would go $275.00 plus shipping. Let me know where you are at on it.

Thanks,

Nick

Hay Bob what you want for the tank

Is any of this still available? I could use a metal tank, I just bought my bike yesterday. Sorry for your loss, I'll be moving back to SLC next month, it would have been a pleasure to be in the community with such an enthusiast.

Red,

Great, the tank is yours. Do you currently live in Utah? It might be cheaper to meet than to ship. Let me know how you would like delivery and I can arrange either a paypal payment or cash in person. Private message me with your response.

Thanks,

Nick

Is any of this still available? I could use a metal tank, I just bought my bike yesterday. Sorry for your loss, I'll be moving back to SLC next month, it would have been a pleasure to be in the community with such an enthusiast.

Bobbernick,
Sorry about your loss, I have been in a similar situation and I know how hard it can be. I would be interested in the carb sync if it is still available. Just let me know.
Thanks,
Matt

Back