• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Should I make this trade?

THE BIG SITT

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello all, new to the site here, but if all goes well, I should stick around for a while. I'm in talks with a gentleman about trading my 2008 Ninja 250 for his 1978 CB750. My bike has about 11K miles and some track oriented mods, although its a street bike. I would value it at $2750-$3000. Here is the listing for his bike:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/4013007229.html

I occasionally commute (30 minutes), but most of the time the bike is ridden in 15 minute stints from here to there on nice nights. I have some basic mechanical knowledge, the most extensive being jetting the carbs on the Ninja (over and over again), so general maintenance isn't a huge deal. I want a bike that has that "cool" factor, and can get me there a little quicker, and sound good doing it. A CB750 cafe seems like it would do the trick.

So, what do you say? A fair trade, or lopsided in one direction? Thanks for the help!

If you like the look and can deal with the maintenance on the older bike, I say go for it. It's definitely a different beast than the ninja. Have you test drove the CB750 yet to see if it's something you'd like?

Back