• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

frame number I.D.

If I'm reading the chart right , this must be a '69/70 or a 70/71, probably the latter ???? Thanks, I was sure it was an oldie but this get it closer, Jim.

I'm not so sure I go along with that... I see no frame serial numbers starting with "11" and certainly can't say that the 71's went that high from the listed starting point, although it's certainly possible if the assumption is that Honda sold in the neighborhood of 44649 K0 models and surpassed that with K1 models (which is probably a good assumption). If you're sure it's a 750 SOHC frame that might support your frame being a late K1, but I really haven't a clue what to think. I bought a K1 brand new and when they first came out and the s/n was 1056939... in fact, I put a down payment on a K0 and when I went back the next week to pick it up, the K0 had been sold and I got the K1. If they were selling at the rate of 10,000 a month the s/n would have reached 1100000 plus, so that kinda makes sense to me.

Are you sure it's an SOHC frame? Any pictures available?

It is a K1 frame more than likely mid to late 1970. Basically K1 spanned two years.

Thanks guys. Seems to be a lot of knowledge on this site. As to whether it's a SOHC, I have no idea. There's one shot of it in classifieds, "rolling frame" "make offer" if that tells ya anything. Couldn't figure how to get a larger pic so it's a thumbnail. Could email direct if anybody wants to see more. Thanks again, Jim.

Yes it is SOHC. Didn't come out with DOHC till 1979.

Back