• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Crazy Engine Swap!

bucky187

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm thinking of building a custom bike and was wondering if you or someone you know has done it before. Here's what I'm looking at doing... I have a 1980 CB750F with no motor, and I have a 1990 CBR1000F that was laid down. I wanna put my liquid cooled 1000cc into the CB750. What do you all think? Anyone done something similar? -Bucky

It would be an interesting swap but honestly you are putting a newer, bigger motor in a old tech crappy chassis. But hey if you wanna do then do it, give you a lot of fabrication practice.

Copy that, dirtdigger. I have the time and tools. I'd be upgrading the suspension and other things. It would end up being like an AMA Racing CB750F only with the 1000 motor in it.

Travis, every piece of body work is trashed, gauges are gone, and top triple clamp is cracked. The gauges and clamp I'm sure I could get on ebay. But, the plastics are hard to get.

I prolly won't start this til snow flies (Im in Wisconsin too). I just thought I'd see if anyone else on here got that bored in the garage. I'll keep you all posted.

It would be something like this. Only with the CBR motor and trimmed for the street.

01980CB750.jpg

They made severeal "naked" bikes that used previous years CBR liter bike motors, but they detuned them somewhat.

Any motor can be put in any chasis if you got the time and tools and know how... Sounds like you have all of those, I say do it to it...sounds like a fun project

Back