• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

engine identify k1-6 or F1

ondra750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi, I bought cb 750 f2 but the engine isn´t f2 , please can you tell me what type of engine i have ? engine number is CB750E-2562974
Thanks for comments.

What is wrong with the k6 motor? Are you looking for a good rideable bike or are you looking to make some power. The f2 will be harder to find and can be more expensive. They made a little more power then the k motors but they did have some issues with the valve guides. Depends on what you want to do with the bike and what is wrong with the current motor.

I opened the k6 engine and i saw that it needs general repair and i think that some parts from gears are from f2 engine, k engines have only 3- rings pistons ? because i have only 2 rings and other problem is with oil pump rotors are demaged (engine run but i think the demage is serious) and i didn´t find new rotors on internet. (sorry for my english)

all the motors use two compression and 1 oil ring...different years used different types of oil rings. If you only have to rings then you have some problems. Oil pumps and parts are no longer produced for the 750 so the only oil pumps you will find will be used. Ebay has many.

Back