• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wanted - Drag Frame

SOHC/DOHC?
Vintage or new?
Do you want to race or just look like it? Mild Steel or 4130?

I can build full frame in either metal, but backed up a bit in the shop, so lead time ain't gonna be tomorrow...lol

Well was looking for a vintage set up.
I figured this did a few things for me, one it would keep cost down and two it would make set up easier.
I would like to do some bracket racing with it as well as run at the Ohio mile and lorings

What would a custom new frame run? maybe its less then I was thinking.

I'm building a Yammy Xs400 for the Ohio Mile :)

CycleX has a drag frame they're developing for $700ish, mild steel dragbike lookalike.

Cost depends on material used (mild steel vs. 4130), and I don't really have a set price on frames as I don't do them on a regular basis.
Mild steel should be about the same as most rigid chopper frames, ChroMoly will cost more and weigh a lot less (also requires stress relieving after welding).
Material cost is the killer these days :/

If cost is an issue, simply use solid struts your stocker instead of shocks, maybe with an extended swingarm, and clipons should put you in the laydown position without breaking the bank. The rest is horsepower, shedding weight, and rider skill.

Back