• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

pod filters

lelocp

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Im new to honda cb750s and i've been working on my friends cb sohc. He recently purchased pod filters. From my understanding the main jets need to be replaced. The carbs main jet size is a 120, what size should i go up to as a preliminary setup? I was thinking of going to a 125 since that's two sizes up. he's running a stock exhaust as well.

actually they main jets on the carbs were a 115 so you think a 125 would be a good preliminary start? I read some articles where the main jet should be replaced by an interval of ten

Wont know until you try them. Two sizes may be too much. More than likely you will have to play with the needle position too.

so my friends bike is running but some weird thing is happening at idle. for some reason if the idle mixture screw is in all the way (clockwise) the bike tends to have a much stronger idle. And if i run the bike at the preliminary setup of 1 turn out the bike wont hold idle unless i turn the idle screw. Now i've upped the jets to 125 from 115 and kept the stock 40 size pilot jet. Can the pods be an issue or should i go up a size in pilot jets

Have you synced the carbs with vacuum gauges? If not you need to do that first before you can attempt to tune the idle mixture settings.

ok when i tried syncing the carbs the vacuum gunge needle is unsteady (bouncing) at idle and much of the videos I've seen always show a steady needle.

Does your gauges have an adjustable damper to help dampen out some of the needle movement? Most good carb sync guage sets have an adjustable damper, if there is no damper then the needle will bounce like crazy and is basically useless.

Dirtdiggers right You have to start with a carb sync. I just did a job on My 72 put on pods and 4 straight pipes with baffles had to experiment with the mains ended up 135,s running the best, But every bike is going to be different to some extent, Good luck to Ya.

And mine runs great with 125 mains, 42 idle jets and 3 washers on each needle (PD42A style carbs). Took me a good sync and about 7 plugchops to get it right..

Yes I think I could go smaller on the mains if I save My allowance and replace these Mac drag pipes. The only reason I got them the price was right but what a pain setting up the carbs to get it running decent, Thanks to all of the post I have read.

Back