• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

71 cb750

SamImig68

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey all, knew to the forum. I have a bored out 71 cb750 to 836 with what I thought were Russ Collins pistons, but are not! they look like them but are stamped TRAND or RAND underneath, never heard of them! Could use some help.
need rings.

Can you send a couple pictures of the pistons, may be able to help identify them for you. Where and when did you purchase them? You can have rings custom made if no in production rings will fit. Do you have the old rings? Will have to do some measuring of the rings and or grooves in the pistons to see if they will match up to any of the common 836 pistons.

Hey Alright, lets see If I can get those photos out. yes have old rings, but don't want to use these if I don't havta, also don't want to shell out 500 wompom 028.jpg030.jpg031.jpg032.jpg

Last edited:
You should never reuse rings. Not sure on those pistons, They do have the look of RC pistons from the earlier days. RC didn't make there own pistons, they had Arias, Venollia make pistons for them. I cant make out the stamping under the pistons but RC pistons didn't have to have a RC stamp on them to be RC parts. Is the oil ring a single piece ring?

I know the stamp is hard to see in pic sorry but can't get closer. I know I can have rings done with a measure. . Yes the oil ring is a single piece double ring. I really want to identify the pistons they look like RC's man. This isn't my bike and I don't recommend these for just street use, better for drags.004.jpg

Would you have any other pictures of the bike? I would love to see more of it. Also, what kind of frame is that? Dont mean to hijack here but I just really want to see more of this bike. :D

Would you have any other pictures of the bike? I would love to see more of it. Also, what kind of frame is that? Dont mean to hijack here but I just really want to see more of this bike. :D

011.jpg009.jpg002.jpg Don't know the manufacturer of the frame but it is made for the CB 750. Motor mounts are all located exactly. The bike is LOW and stretched, COOL! No problem on the hijack found my answers I was lookin for from some drag people from the day. Hey it has a $$ attached to it.

Back