• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Throttle hesitates around 6-7 k RPMs, Rough idle.

narclark

1980 CB750c
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, I am new to owning a motorcycle.

I've had my 1980 Cb750c for a few months now. Since the day I got it, the idle has been rough. Sometimes it is great, others, the needle on the tach jumps all around the 1k mark and then dies. I have not checked the spark plugs to see whether it is running lean or rich yet, I am going to do that tonight. I am just trying to see if anyone else has had similar issues. The guy I bought it from put K&n filter pods on and a MAC 4-1 exhaust, and said he cleaned the carbs. Not sure if he re-synced them or re-jetted them or re-anythinged them after putting on the new exhaust and air filters.

The problem with the throttle hesitating is new though. Two days ago I changed the oil, cleaned and oiled the filter pods, and washed the bike. Now when I try to push it past 6-7k RPMs, the throttle hesitates like it is not getting any gas or something. I do not think it is a piece of junk in the fuel lines because it only hesitates once I get it up to the higher RPMs.

I am trying to take the bike on a 3-hour trip this weekend, hope you guys can help me out so I can get her ready. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

sounds like maybe the oiled filters could actually be causing a choke situatuon or maybe they got wet when you washed it. Might try wiping the pods a little or drying them if they got wet.

Back