• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Major wiring issues

CRCB

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first post so any help is greatly appreciated. I'm very new to motorcycles, my '78 CB750k is my first. I bought it knowing very little about bikes in general and didn't realize what it was all missing. During the disassembling for repainting it was very obvious that much of the electrical components are missing. There are no blinkers, taillight or electric start. The handlebar switches wires are all cut down to the end and I there is no regulator or rectifier. I bought a new wiring harness since the original was botched very badly. I'm in the process of trying to figure out what I all need to get everything working again. Not very knowledgable about electrical parts: relays etc. Also, is it relatively easy to rewire the handlebar switches back to the harness or should I look for new switches?

welcome....being a newby I suggest you invest in a Chilton manual at least. There are wiring diagrams available on line also. Research, research, research. Not that hard to find. Google google

I do have a wiring diagram for the bike but I can't read it all that well. I can follow it for the most part but I am stuck on what the thick black lines stand for. I am guessing they are just the plastic connectors but some do not seem to fit. Also where are the relays for the blinkers, headlight and taillight located on the bike and where do they connect?

I believe if it was there, you would find the flasher by the starter solenoid behind the LH side cover... but I've not had a '78, so could easily be wrong. If you have your main harness routed correctly, you should find some female blade terminals that would connect to the flasher in that area.

Try this, it might be helpful... http://oldmanhonda.com/MC/wiring750K1.html

Back