• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

hi im new to the cb750 forum and just bought a 1978 750

ticktockcycles89

CB750 Member
Reaction score
hi everyone i just bought a cb750 and have hardtail plans for it but i might need some help i picked this bike up for 200.00

Attachments

• 101_0487.jpg
    101_0487.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 232
Welcome! It looks like that bike could use a little TLC, but for $200 I would have bought it too. Does it have a title? I doesn't run does it?

Very cool. I would clean it up go over it and ride it a bit to see if it has any issues before the tear down youll have less surprises that way.

im planning on building it myself. it was closer to you than it was to me it was like a half mile from the WI. border i posted a add on cl saying i was looking for one to turn into a bobber and a guy that was getting a divorce and didnt want to see it go to his x said he would give it away for 200. so when i got it home i had to redo one wire and i didnt want to tuch the starter cause i wanted the old school goodness and the sore shin. im planning on giving it to my father after im done! this is the start of my non profit organization that i am starting called "HARDTAILS FOR HEROES" i am a iraq vet and my dad is a desert storm and iraq vet and i got this idea cause it was a break from the nightmares and the flashbacks. when i build something im free when soldiers ride there free so what better way to do this by re-cycling cycles its going to be a hard process starting it but i wont give up on the dream

Last edited:
Great idea! I'm an Iraq War Vet myself. Was over there for a year in 2005 doing mostly combat patrols. I was a gunner and driver (not at the same time :D). I hated almost every minute of it! Thankfully I came back in one piece and so did my buddies!

My thanks to both of you and all the troops. Hardtails for Hero's i love it i'll spred the word , give us contact info so we can send donations. God bless and keep all the troops safe!

Ok I will have it up later next week I am still in the process of filing the legal paperwork needed to truly have this be a nonprofit and not have people donating and not know where it’s going. Thank-you for your support in making dreams happen.

Back