• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Time for new tires

kal-el428

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its time for me to get new tires. What are you guys and gals running?
What is a good all around tire? I mostly cruise on my CB and am not looking for a knee draggin set of sticky rubber, but something that will offer mileage while maintain some performance.
As always, I am looking for the budget minded set.

My 73 has Brigestone Spitfire raised whites and they are running pretty nicely.
The 71 is waiting for me to get a little more money put together for some retro looking tires. The Avon's are a little spendy. I was at a shop last week and they had a Japanese brand that had the old tread patterns, were H rated and quite economical. I'll post if thats what I end up with.

Yeah, I watched this thread but didn't reply.

Kenda, Brigestone Spitfire, Avon's all good tires. Like anything, its all about how you are going to use them and how much you want to pay. BikeBandit has good prices and reviews. On two bikes I used Dunlop 404s. Good price and decent quality. On one bike I used a bargain brand Chin Shin and they worked out OK, but in the future I think I'll stay away from the cheap Chin Shin and Duro tires. I've also read good reviews on Conti Twins.

On my current project I'm thinking about Dunlop K70 for a vintage look. Others like the Firestone/Coker vintage tires.

There's lots of options out there and even more opinions.

I've been considering the K70s as well. I think there is a K91 that is a little wider for the rear and by measuring it will fit around the swingarm just fine.
Personally the Firestone/Coker thing has run it's course and like the whole stock retro look a little better. Those tires are like taking a 50's picture with someone in the background checking email.

Kal-el428; not many replys because this topic has been covered several times before, do a search and you will find what other guys are running and their opinons of differnt makes. A little research here will get you a lot of great info on this sight. I find this forum to be the best cb 750 sight out there with a lot of really knowlegable members and all around good poeple.

I cant believe how bad this site sucks.

A simple topic:
What tires are people using on their CB's gets nearly 300 views and 2 replies from 1 person.
The same goes for nearly every simple question I have asked the forum.

Seems to me you got two replies from two different people before your rant. For most of this it is a place we go in spare time and offer our FREE advice and experiences in our spare time. Looking at your past posts I think you have gotten some good info to your posts. If this site sucks so bad then why come back?? I am sorry for the rant guys but I get offended when people think they are owed answers on a free helpful site. We help when we can how we can. And Grepper is right there are losts of options and more opinions, pick a set you like and can afford and go ride.

A search of "Tires" results in 5 threads, 1 of which is mine.

123.jpg

Exactly my point!
Most everybody here is riding a 30-40 year old motorcycle. I highly doubt anyone is running on original rubber.
You would think that something as basic as tires would have a good amount of info.

I guess look on a site that doesn't suck for more info. Honestly just buy what you can afford and what tread you like the look of and go. Not a whole lot of options around for the tire sizes on these bikes anymore. Just dont go with a straight ribbed front tire like the originals as the rain grooves will catch the tire ribs and give a squirmy ride. Pick some buy them, ride and be happy.

Back