• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Non LED Turn Signals Not Blinking

jacksondee

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed the awful, huge, ugly, organe, 7 foot long sticking out of each side of my bike stock turn signals..

Put these little bad boys on. They may not be as effective, but I don't care they look cool as hell..
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vinta...ack-smoke-turn-signals-blinkers-61-83742.html
(sorry long link)

Anyways, got the headlight off. Located the wires for left and right turn signals. Cut them, spliced them, tested them, all is good. Left signal and right signals blinking. Sottered, shrink wrapped, still blinking, everything looks good. The new signals only have two wires so they don't work as running lights without the 5 sided relay or whatever and I didn't want that. So the 3rd wires I shrink wrapped together and stuck back under the headlight with the rest of the wires.

Started on the back signals. Did the left first, tested it, looks good, its blinking and so is the front. Then did the exact same thing to the right, and it doesn't work.. When I turn the switch on, the front turn signal comes on and stays lght, doesn't flash, and the rear signal does nothing. Doesn't turn on at all..

I haven't tried the right rear signal on the left side to make sure that the bulb isn't defective..

Is it possible when I took the 3rd wires for the running lights in the front and shrink wrapped them together (without connecting them to anything, of course) that something went wrong and the right side wire is touching something? Even though its shrink wrapped and shouldn't be?

Or if that rear right bulb is out, does that affect the front bulb blinking?

I swear I did all the wires exactly the same. It doesn't really make any sense to me. I cut off both signals in the back. The green wire is the ground. The other wire is right and left. The left works perfect. There is only one other wire sticking out of what I cut...

photo (58).jpgphoto (57).jpg

Last edited:
...I haven't tried the right rear signal on the left side to make sure that the bulb isn't defective..

...Or if that rear right bulb is out, does that affect the front bulb blinking?

View attachment 2759View attachment 2760

Sorry, jumped the gun here. Yes one of the turn signals is defective. Doesn't look like its the bulb, and doesn't look like I'll be able to take it apart and see if the internal connections are jacked and attempt to repair myself... Lesson learned..

They do look bad azz though, right?

Back