• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Advise on fuse box

spaz815

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
When riding this morning my bike was dying at stops. I was loosing all electrical. Well I figured it was the fuse since this has happen before. So I checked the fuse and noticed the fuse box was rusty. I cleaned it and it seems fine. My question is would if I was cruising 40 or 50 down the road would this happen? Because when it does the bike stalls and I come to a stop quickly. I would hope it wouldn't do this at a high speed. Any info would be great. Thanks

When I first got my bike I had the same issue and I was going about 35 It wanted to stop real quickly on me but I just pulled the clutch in shifted to neutral as quickly as i could and it just kept rolling. It was a rough like 2 seconds before i pulled the clutch. I cleaned the box and fixed a short no issues since! Btw how i found it had a short My bike lost all power and it would not get any spark and it just started doing that out of nowhere well i switched my key to on and just wiggled wiring around the fuse box and poof it kicked on and ran after that. ( after several hours of fussing and cussing) so i guess what i`m saying is check your wiring! to be extra careful

When I first got my bike I had the same issue and I was going about 35 It wanted to stop real quickly on me but I just pulled the clutch in shifted to neutral as quickly as i could and it just kept rolling. It was a rough like 2 seconds before i pulled the clutch. I cleaned the box and fixed a short no issues since! Btw how i found it had a short My bike lost all power and it would not get any spark and it just started doing that out of nowhere well i switched my key to on and just wiggled wiring around the fuse box and poof it kicked on and ran after that. ( after several hours of fussing and cussing) so i guess what i`m saying is check your wiring! to be extra careful[/QUOTE

Sounds kind of scary. LOL When I take the fuse (main) and spin it it sparks a little then everything comes back on. I was looking to just replace the fuse box.

VintageCB750.com sells the fuse box for the 1969-1972 CB750K for $19.95. They have the fuse box for the 1973-1978 CB750K for $34.95. This same fuse box also fits the 1977-1978 CB750F Supersport. Also, they have the fuse box for the 1975-1976 CB750F Supersport for $44.95. This same fuse box also fits the 1976 CB750A Hondamatic. They even come with spare fuses!
On their home page, choose Electrical, then Wire Terminals Couplers, Fuse Boxes, Fuses. The fuse boxes are the first three items you see, just pick the appropriate year and bike model. I just thought I would share this information for anyone looking for one.
Also, when you install one, use some dielectric grease in the connectors for good connectivity and longevity.
It never hurts to replace the original fuse box with a new one as the fuse boxes tend to become brittle and corroded after all these years. At the least, a fuse box failure can ruin a long trip for you, and at the worst, I have seen bikes burn to the ground from severe electrical failure.

Last edited:
Back