• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Chop Source - Frame Jig Kits and Neck Centering Cones

Travis

Forum Staff
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Update: 1/25/15

The Chop Source website is finally up! Check it out!

http://www.chopsource.com

All orders should be placed through the website, but feel free to contact me at sales@chopsource.com with any questions.

:bike:

Hey guys, the frame jig kits are ready! The entire kit bolts together so you can break it down and store it easily when you aren't using it. No welding required except when adding leveling feet (see below). The neck will accommodate rakes from 15 degrees to 60 degrees. You need to supply about 17.5' of 2"x3" rectangle tube (1/8" wall) for the main part of the jig. The kit is designed to work with 2"x2" square tube as well. You also need 40" of tube for the feet. Structural tube can be found at local metal supply shops or at welding/fabricating shops.

This is the standard kit:
frame_jig_kit_full.jpg

The basic kit now comes with everything in the picture below plus a pair to neck centering cones:
frame_jig_kit_basic.jpg

neck_centering_cones.jpg

The front motor mounts on the lower rails of the frame attach to this fixture. The spacer material provided is long enough to work with many different frames. You'll need to cut down the spacer to size. This now comes with a 6" spacer and 3" of spacer material to make two small spacers as needed. This is called the Internal Center Fixture. You won't need the two "donut" spacers in the picture for a CB750 frame.
center_fixture_internal.jpg

The fixture that holds the axle plates has three sizes of holes, 1", 3/4", and 5/8". This is 3/4" threaded rod and spacers to use with axle plates that have 3/4" or 20mm slots. The spacers need to be cut to length. I also have these in 5/8" for axle plates with 17mm slots and 1" for 25mm and 1" axle plates.
three_quarter_inch_axle_plate_holder.jpg

Add feet to level your frame jig. This requires drilling six 1/2" holes and welding the nuts to the tube.
frame_jig_feet.jpg

The standard frame jig kit weighs just about 40lbs and can ship for $21.50 within the U.S. in a large flat-rate box with insurance. It contains everything above except the External Center Fixture.

To order, go to http://www.chopsource.com

Here's an XS650 frame in the full kit after the various spacers have been cut to size:
frame_jig_kit_xs650_01.jpg

Swing arm removed and Chop Source axle plates (style C with spacer plates) mounted:
frame_jig_kit_xs650_02.jpg

Axle plate fixture with four 3" spacers cut to hold the axle plates 8.5" apart (xs650 spacing)
axle_plate_fixture.jpg

Depending on what you're doing to your frame, you will need to fabricate more fixtures to hold and brace everything. This frame jig is just the basic platform for you to build off of.

:bike:

UPDATE:

I now have all of the brackets to make this rotisserie stand :)

The rotisserie brackets adjust up and down so you can balance the setup and it locks in 16 positions.

frame_jig_rotisserie_01.jpg

frame_jig_rotisserie_02.jpg

frame_jig_rotisserie_03.jpg

UPDATE:

I have assembly instructions available with drawings like this. They are higher quality in the instructions.

frame_jig_plans_drawings_cad.png

UPDATE:

3/25/14: This thread is almost two years old and I frequently get asked if I'm still selling these. The answer is YES! To order, visit http://www.chopsource.com

UPDATE:

Now you can upgrade to Stainless steel cones for an additional $18

2" o.d. - 3/4" bore.

neck_centering_cones_cs.jpg

UPDATE 6:

angle_cube.jpg angle_cube02.jpg angle_cube01.jpg

Now offering digital angle cubes. Digital angle finders/cubes are very helpful in leveling your frame jig base and uprights as well as determining the angle of each tube of the frame. They're an essential tool for building and modifying motorcycle frames and have many uses around the shop.

iGaging AngleCube® - Digital Angle Gauge
• 3-Side Magnets, 4-Side Measuring
• Digital Level & Bevel Gauge 2-in-1
• Heavy duty aluminum alloy body (2.17” x 2.17” x 1.2”)
• Tracing absolute level
• Measuring relative bevel
• Strong magnets on the bottom and 2 sides
• Large clear LCD display, reversible reading
• Designed and Engineered in California
• Measuring: 4 X 90° - Repeatability: 0.1°
• Resolution: 0.05° - Accuracy: ± 0.2°
• Battery: standard 9V included

Currently $27.50

UPDATE:

Hey everyone! Here's the new(ish) adjustable width fixture. It's $50 and available separately or as an option instead of the internal center fixture in the standard kit.

frame_jig_adjustable_width_fixture.jpg

frame_jig_adjustable_width_fixture_02.jpg

See more pictures and details: http://www.chopsource.com/frame-jig-adjustable-width-fixture.html

UPDATE:

When you configure a Standard Frame Jig, you now an option for heavy duty swivel leveling mounts (feet) for an extra $34. Each mount is zinc plated with a 3" stud, jam nut, and non-skid pad. They swivel 15 degrees in all directions. Made in the USA. Check them out! http://www.chopsource.com/frame-jig-swivel-leveling-feet.html

For you guys who already have a jig, you can buy just the feet without the clamps. Be sure to see the note about nut sizes. http://www.chopsource.com/swivel-leveling-mounts-feet.html

swivel_feet.jpg

UPDATE 4/18/17:

All of our frame jig fixture plates are now black powder coated for the same great price. We have some new product photos to better show the frame jig bundle options as well. If you haven't been to our website in a while, check it out: www.chopsource.com

frame_jig_full_internal_standard.jpg

frame_jig_full_internal_swivel.jpg

frame_jig_full_adjustable_swivel.jpg

frame_jig_full_adjustable_standard.jpg

Frame Jig Rotisserie
frame_jig_rotisserie_stand_01.jpg

Attachments

• angle_cube02.jpg
    angle_cube02.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 175
  • angle_cube.jpg
    angle_cube.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 169
  • angle_cube01.jpg
    angle_cube01.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 168
  • swivel_feet.jpg
    swivel_feet.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Man....I was looking for something like this about 2 years ago when I built my last frame. I will have to keep this in mind when I get around to doing another one. Looks like a good deal and the best thing is the price is reasonable.

Thanks, I posted these up on XS650.com last week and people are liking them. The couple of guys who got 'em already had no problems putting them together and already posted pics. I also sell universal hardtail kits that a lot of guys use on XS400s and XS650s (since that's where I've advertised) and figured these frame jig kits would be ideal to sell to that same market. I need to get the hardtail kits and axle plates posted here as well. This frame jig is unique in that you can take it apart and store it when its done and it is quick and easy to put together. Almost all other frame jigs (or frame jig plans) you see require either a ton of drilling or welding.

That is a nice kit.
Ive been looking around for a honda drag race frame for a while and getting to the point that i should just make one myself.

Are you going to be producing your own frames too?

surffly, I don't plan to make frames anytime soon. Let me know if you decide that you want one of these kits! :thumbsup:

:doh: I see what you meant now. For some reason I thought you meant posting a link to this thread over there, rather than just re-posting all of the info elsewhere. :eek:

I'll have these rotisserie plates and brackets for sale soon :)

frame_jig_rotisserie_01.jpg

frame_jig_rotisserie_02.jpg

frame_jig_rotisserie_03.jpg

The rotisserie brackets adjust up and down so you can balance the setup and it locks in 16 positions.

I like the looks of that frame jig:thumbsup:. Makes me want to build another frame now. The rotisserie will make welding a heck of a lot easier! Good job I like it.

Thanks. I had a couple of guys on the other sites wanting to make theirs rotate, so I thought I'd provide the brackets to make that happen.

I have assembly instructions available with drawings like this. They are higher quality in the instructions.

frame_jig_plans_drawings_cad.png

:thumbsup: I've sold quite a few of them through the couple of forums I've posted them on. I really really need to get that site up to promote these and the hardtail kits and axle plates I sell.

When you're ready to order, shoot me an email and I'll get you a quote and let you know about availability. I'm running low on a lot of the parts now, but will have more soon.

Just wanted to let everyone know that everything is back in stock. I seem to run out of something every few weeks. I'm still taking orders via email. :doh:

I finally created a facebook page with a bunch of pictures and descriptions of all my products. Also tons of customer pics. Like and share http://www.facebook.com/ChopSource

I got ya liked :thumbsup: One of these days I really want to get that frame jig setup but I have too many projects in the fire and no money to finish any of them. lol

Travis,
What a great tool this would be to have. Looks like you've done a great job building it and then being able to duplicate it to sell.
I am interested in possibly buying a complete set from you but probably not for a couple of months. I'm still in my planning stages with my 750k and need to make room for it.
I also have a couple of other projects but really I think I'd like to use this to jig up the 750K frame first. I am interested in possibly making a whole new swing arm and modifying the frame to adapt a mono-shock configuration. At one point, I was thinking of attempting to fab a single-sided swing arm but I'm not sure that I'm up to it quite just yet.
Also, I'm thinking how to adapt your jig to other types of frames. Have you seen anyone do anything more radical with your jig?

Ed

Thanks Ed. People have used these jigs for all sorts of frames. I've seen lots of hardtails and some full frames and raked frames. There are some pictures in the Customer Photos album on the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ChopSource and I'll try to get more posted soon.

I've been sending two small decals with the frame jig kits now. They look good on the main rails of the jig next to the upright for the neck fixture or on your tool box or something. If you guys ordered a jig kit before they came with decals, and want them, email me at sales@chopsource.com and I'll send them to you. :thumbsup:

chopsource_sm_decal.png

Back