• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

turn signals not working

nightengale

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi - first post. Picked up a very low mileage '82 CB750. Have a few issues I could use some advice on as I try to get this road worthy.

Turn signals light up (running lights on front), but don't flash (they turn off when turn signal is activated). There is a fat round solenoid mounted next to the battery and a loose solid green wire that I can't figure out where it goes.

Is this the turn signal solenoid like I think it is? What is the solid green disconnect wire supposed to go to? It's got a factory spade connector that goes somewhere, but there isn't anything within reach of the wire length.

turnsignal1.jpg

turnsignal2.jpg

Thank you in advance for any tips on this.

Last edited:
The green extra wire is just a ground, some flashers used it with 3 wires total but most dropped it to need only 2. The wire simply hangs loose in the wind on the latter. Your 'solenoid' in second pic is indeed the flasher unit for turn signals.

The green extra wire is just a ground, some flashers used it with 3 wires total but most dropped it to need only 2. The wire simply hangs loose in the wind on the latter. Your 'solenoid' in second pic is indeed the flasher unit for turn signals.

Thank you. I'll get another solenoid and try that. Didn't want to guess - it's 70 miles to the nearest shop.

Back