• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Pods

Ryanbush580

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a 81 cb750 I recently had a problem with one cylinder it turned out to be the slow jet now got it running on all for and it wasn't reving over 4500 so I went to serching and seen this guy wrap a cut up t shirt around the pods so tried that and I could rev it as far as I wanted to ran great and boy did it get alot meaner so my question is how do I correct this without the t shirt is it the jets??

It will never run perfect without the stock airbox with the stock carbs. In all practicality they never ran perfect from the factory with the pos carb setup. If a person really wants to get these motors to run good and to there potential they need a good set of aftermarket carbs, the stock carbs are a hindrance to performance and how they run.

It will never run perfect without the stock airbox with the stock carbs. In all practicality they never ran perfect from the factory with the pos carb setup. If a person really wants to get these motors to run good and to there potential they need a good set of aftermarket carbs, the stock carbs are a hindrance to performance and how they run.

Are there any good sets of aftermarkets anywhere

CVs do not like pods, they rely on the stock airbox because each carb can be helped by the others using the common space they alternate intake pulses with. Instead of one carb with a widely spaced pulse the others add to that with theirs to draw down the pressure in the airbox slightly more, that drop then makes the slides more active, they work faster. Why when you add pods you also drill the slide holes, it does the same thing but not as well as the space sharing they all do does.

The Tshirt restricted more and then the vacuum came up to run better.

Back